The time for “tagged” players to sign a long-term deal has passed. They will play this deal under their 1 year tagged contracts.
Training Camp Dates
Middle to the end of July will see all teams start. Each team is unique. Dual camp sessions (2 teams/1 camp) are being done for several teams. (Cowboys/Chargers Oxnard)
- 1st 7 days are scripted (insofar as type of practice)
- Day 1-3 = Zero contact
- Days 4-5 = full speed in helmets and “light” gear
- Day 6 = mandatory rest day
- Day 7 = Full pads
- Day 8 and beyond the team sets the rhythm but there are limits on full speed and full pad days.
- Players/Staff are no longer required to be under mandatory surveillance, testing with no regard to their vaccination status.
- Electronic tracking is no longer required for players/staff
- Local municipalities dictate masks. The team “can” require masking if they choose.
- Players/staff must test negative if showing any symptoms.
- A 5-day quarantine for a positive test
- This could all change
- Aug 16 – Reduce roster to 85 players (from 90)
- Aug 23 – Reduce roster to 80 players
- Aug 30 – Reduce roster to 53 players
- Each team plays 3 games. Jags and Raiders play 4 including the HOF game.
- Aug 4th HOF game
- Aug 11th first week
NFL Regular Season
Sep 8th, Thursday – Rams vs Bills