C.J. Stroud, a quarterback from Ohio State Buckeyes, is one of the most talked-about prospects in the 2023 NFL draft. Stroud has shown exceptional talent and skill on the field, with many experts predicting that he will be one of the top picks in the draft with multiple QB’s probably going in the top 5. In this analysis, we will examine Stroud’s strengths, weaknesses, and potential.
- Arm Strength: Stroud has a powerful arm, capable of throwing the ball down the field with ease. He has excellent velocity on his passes and can make all the throws necessary at the NFL level.
- Accuracy: Stroud is also an accurate passer. He has great touch on his throws, and he can fit the ball into tight windows.
- Decision-making: Stroud has demonstrated excellent decision-making skills, knowing when to throw the ball away, take a sack, or make a risky pass.
- Athleticism: Stroud is a mobile quarterback who can evade pressure and extend plays with his legs.
- Experience: Stroud has only played one full season as Ohio State’s starting quarterback. As such, he may lack the experience and maturity necessary to handle the pressure of the NFL.
- Inconsistency: While Stroud has shown flashes of brilliance, he has also been inconsistent at times. He needs to work on maintaining his high level of play for an entire game.
- Pocket Presence: Stroud can be prone to holding onto the ball for too long, and he can get rattled by pressure in the pocket.
- Franchise Quarterback: Stroud has all the tools to become a franchise quarterback in the NFL. With his arm strength, accuracy, decision-making, and athleticism, he has the potential to lead a team to success.
- Rookie of the Year: If he is drafted by the right team and given the opportunity to start immediately, Stroud could be a leading candidate for Rookie of the Year.
In conclusion, C.J. Stroud is an exciting prospect with enormous potential in the NFL. While he has some weaknesses that need to be addressed, his strengths and potential make him an attractive option for any team in need of a quarterback. Stroud has the potential to be a franchise quarterback and could make an immediate impact in the league.